Hydros-TA Joint Therapy
Hydros-TA Joint Therapy is a viscoelastic hyaluronan-based product combined with a low dose corticosteroid (triamcinolone acetonide, TA). Hydros-TA is designed to provide fast acting, long-lasting relief of the pain associated with osteoarthritis using a single intra-articular injection. Hydros-TA is composed of a resorbable hyaluronan hydrogel suspended in high molecular weight soluble hyaluronan. Triamcinolone acetonide is trapped within the hydrogel to retain the steroid in the joint longer.
Key product attributes:
- 52 mg of bacterial derived HA (hyaluronan hydrogel beads suspended in soluble hyaluronan solution)
- 10 mg steroid (triamcinolone acetonide) trapped in HA beads – enables slow release of steroid for up to 30 days
- Delivered as single 6 mL intra-articular injection
- Expected to provide fast acting, long lasting pain relief
- Effects are anticipated to last for six months or more
Hydros-TA has been evaluated in a 98 patient feasibility trial in Europe and Canada. Click here for more information
* Hydros-TA Joint Therapy is an investigational product and is not available for commercial sale.